When status changes to something, create an invoice with items from connected board
This recipe creates a new invoice in your connected Xero account when a status changes to a value that you set.
Enter the Integrations Centre by clicking "Integrate" at the top right hand side of the screen.
- Select "+ Add new integration"
- Select the app called "Xero Invoicing" from the app selections list
Select the recipe: 'When status changes to something, create invoice with items from connected board'.
Configure the recipe:
"Status" select your status.
"Something" select the trigger.
"Invoice" configure accordingly:
Map the fields that will be pulled from monday.com into your Xero account upon status change.
Please note the following specifications for column types to ensure the correct information is mapped from monday.com in Xero.
You may type a text value instead of mapping a column for Status, for example DRAFT instead of selecting the status column.
The following fields are required:
- Company Name - The company to issue the invoice
If a contact name is not matched, a new contact will be created.
- Status - DRAFT, SUBMITTED, AUTHORISED
The status the invoice should be created in.
These are based on the Xero Invoice Statuses.
Please note that capitalisation is required for these values.
- Tax Type - Exclusive or Inclusive
If this is set to Exclusive, the total of the invoice will be the Amount + Tax.
The tax type is assigned from the set account code.
Please note that Title Case is required for these values.
- Date - The date of the invoice
- Due Date - How many days in the future is the invoice due
"Connected board" select a Connected Boards column that contains the linked line items.
The connect board must contain the following columns with the titles below:
- Quantity - The unit amount multiplier
- Unit Amount - The unit amount for the invoice
- Description - Max length 4000 characters. The line description for the bill
- Account Code - The account/general ledger code to use for this bill
This value is required to be an active revenue general ledger code.
Select 'Add To Board' once configured.
You will see a green toggle button with the label 'On' to confirm that the integration is active.
If you would like additional information to be added to the invoice in Xero, please submit your feature request here.