When status changes to something, create an invoice using Sub Items
This recipe creates a new invoice in your connected Xero account when a status changes to a value that you set.
- Enter the Integrations Centre by clicking "Integrate" at the top of the screen or enter through the 3 dots overflow menu.
- Find and select the Invoicing feature.
- Select the recipe: 'When status changes to something, create an invoice'.
- Authorise Xero and monday.com.
- Configure the recipe. Additional Information
- Map the fields that will be pulled from monday.com into your Xero account upon status change.
Please note the following specifications for column types to ensure the correct information is mapped from monday.com in Xero.
You may type a text value instead of mapping a column for Status.
The following fields are required:
- Company Name - The company to issue the invoice. If a contact name is not matched, a new contact will be created.
- Status - DRAFT, SUBMITTED, APPROVED. The status the invoice should be created in. These are based on the Xero Invoice Statuses. Please note that capitalisation is required for these values.
- Tax Type - Exclusive or Inclusive. If this is set to Exclusive, the total of the invoice will be the Amount + Tax. The tax type is assigned from the set account code. Please note that Title Case is required for these values.
- Date - The date of the invoice
- Due Date - How many days in the future is the invoice due.
The subitems must contain the following columns with the titles below:
- Quantity - The unit amount multiplier.
- Unit Amount - The unit amount for the invoice.
- Description - Max length 4000 characters. The line description for the bill.
- Account Code - The account/general ledger code to use for this bill. This value is required to be an active revenue general ledger code.
- Select 'Add To Board' to complete.
- You will see a green toggle button with the label 'On' to confirm that the integration is active.
- The integration uses predefined column titles to query line item information from the SubItems column. The column titles on the SubItems board MUST MATCH (case insensitive) the below values:
- Quantity - The quantity of the line item sold
- Unit Amount - The price (excluding tax) of the line item
- Description - The description of the line item
- Discount - The discount rate applied to the line item in % to the line item. This column/value is not required
- Account Code - The General Ledger code for the line item. This column/value is not required
If you would like additional information to be added to the invoice in Xero, please submit your feature request here.